About Me

My photo
A southern California girl, transplanted into New York City.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

6 Month Anniversary and Draw Something

Hi Folks,


It's been 6 months since I have last posted here, which goes to show just how well I have been managing my work/life balance, a la post #3.  Or maybe just that priorities shifted.


So much has happened since September 29th...Too much to really cover right now, but overall I feel pretty different.  I think I have increased my self-awareness, and still continue to do so every day.  I think I have increased my confidence.  But maybe not, since I keep saying "I think" I have things.  I almost deleted the "I thinks" but decided to leave them for kicks and just run with it.  Actually, that's another area that I think I have developed: going with the flow.


I also hope to develop this skill more by taking improv classes.  Turns out they're pretty expensive though, so hopefully I can set aside a good chunk of money.  Regardless, I feel that improv will help take me out of my rigid structure and plan/organize/schedule mode.  Perhaps it will enhance my creative prowess and encourage more free-form thinking.


On that note, Draw Something is currently filling that role.  It's really working out my right brain...I'd say approximately 30 reps per day!  I am enjoying it way more than I thought I would, which is cool.  It also shows how maybe I needed some right brain activity for balance, since I'm usually so analytical and wordy.  I never thought myself to be good at art or drawing (unless it was word-based art, like designing around a name or a word) but I'm at least good enough to get people to guess right most of the time!  


I'm also considering taking up some light photography as another artistic, creative outlet.  I've never been one to be good at creating from scratch, but I can definitely work with what I am given.  Hence photography.  There have to be at least one million great shots in this crazy city.


Anyway, until I find the money for classes or a new camera, Draw Something will have to suffice.  And blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment